This dessert is a must-try if you’re a berry lover! Check out our delicious, buttery, and perfectly tart mixed berry crumble bars recipe here!
We always love finding new ways to work juicy berries into our desserts, and this recipe (inspired by this creation from Pinch of Yum) is our newest obsession! The sweet and buttery taste of these mouthwatering crumble bars is perfectly paired with the tart and tangy flavor of mixed berries and a little bit of lemon.
What we also love about this recipe is that it’s adaptable. You can use whatever mix of berries you have on hand! Whether you have strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or something else, you can make this dessert work for you.
Mixed Berry Crumble Bars Recipe
Ingredients for the Berry Filling
- 1 Mixed Berry Superfood Tab, dissolved in 16 ounces of water
- 24 ounces frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lemon, juiced
Ingredients for the Crumble
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups melted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper. Set the pan aside.
- Place the frozen berries in a colander, and thaw by running under warm water for a minute. Set aside for an hour to allow the liquid to drain.
- Once the berries are thawed and drained, mix them in a bowl with the sugar, flour, cornstarch, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of the dissolved Superfood Tab drink (you can enjoy the remaining drink as you bake!).
- In a separate bowl, mix the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, melted butter, and salt, creating a crumbly mixture.
- Take two-thirds of the crumble mixture, and press it into an even layer on the bottom of the lined 9×13 pan. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and add an even layer of the berry mixture. Sprinkle the berries with the remaining crumble. Place back in the oven, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool. Once the pan has cooled down, place it in the fridge for a few hours to allow the bars to set.
- Once set, cut into squares and enjoy!
Ready to try this mixed berry crumble bars recipe for yourself? Order Superfood Tabs today!
If you want even more recipes featuring your favorite Superfoods Company products, be sure to take a look at our blog!